White Wedding Cake Cupcakes
Most brides prefer a large, beautifully decorated wedding cake. Why not go with something more on the non-traditional side? These white wedding cake cupcakes are perfect for all occasions. The recipe is easy and fun!
- 1 box white cake mix (Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, etc.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (you’ll need approx. 36).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Use ice cream scoop to fill prepared cupcake tins- fill about 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Recommend: Most companies have downsized the size of their cake mix from 18.25 to smaller. Some readers have made this recipe as indicated using the smaller size mix and still had great success. Others bought a 2nd mix and added in the missing ounces to the first box. It’s up to you on what you want to try. I’ve had success with making this recipe as-is with the new, smaller cake mixes. Reading through some of the comments on the post may help…
- You can use either regular or light sour cream for this recipe, but heck… since it’s a wedding cupcake and you want it to be as delicious and moist as possible, I recommend going for the full-fat kind.
- Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract (in addition to the vanilla) if you wish to have a different flavor.
- Using an ice cream scoop is perfect for getting the batter into the cupcake tins without spilling.
- You can also use this mix to make cake. Pour into greased and floured cake pans. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.