Wedding Drink Friday
Pear and Ginger-Sage Champagne Cocktail
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups water
- 2 whole pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 large chunk of ginger, peeled and diced
- 20 fresh sage leaves + additional for garnish
- 1 bottle of your favorite champagne or sparkling wine
- In a saucepan combine the honey and water over medium heat and bring to a light boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has dissolved completely. Add the pears, ginger and sage leaves. Simmer until the mixture has reduced by 1/3. About 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let the mixture steep for an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a large mason jar. Discard the ginger and sage leaves.
- To assemble the drinks place a few pieces of the cooked pear into each glass followed by 1-2 Tablespoons of the simple syrup. Add the champagne and enjoy.